Temporary residence permit for the purpose of conducting of a business activity
If the purpose of the foreigner's stay in Poland is to conduct business activity, they may apply for a temporary residence permit for the purpose of conducting business activity.
Note! This type of permit (after meeting the requirements specified in the Act) may also be obtained by a foreigner whose purpose of stay in Poland is:
- performing a function in a management board of a limited liability company or a joint-stock company whose stocks or shares are owned by the foreigner or
- managing the affairs of a limited partnership or a limited joint-stock partnership by a general partner or
- acting as a proxy.
In the case of a temporary residence for the purpose of conducting business activity, in addition to the basic documents referred to in the TEMPORARY RESIDENCE - GENERAL INFORMATION tab, the foreigner must also submit:
- documents confirming the possession of a stable and regular source of income sufficient to cover the maintenance costs of themselves and their dependent family members (e.g., an employment contract, a civil law contract);
- documents confirming health insurance or coverage by the insurer of treatment costs in the territory of Poland (e.g. printouts from ZUS - ZUS RCA for the past 3 months together with information about sending and confirmation);
- documents confirming residence in Poland. Such documents may be, for example, a rental contract, confirmation of check-in or a hotel reservation.
- tax settlement, e.g., PIT submitted to a tax office;
- certificate of no tax arrears.
Additionally, documents concerning the conducted business activity should be presented (an example list):
- company agreement;
- the company’s certificate of no tax arrears;
- the company's balance sheet with the current profit and loss account;
- documents confirming income in the tax year preceding the submission of the application, not less than twelve times the average monthly remuneration on the date of submission of the application, e.g. CIT 8 of the company for the previous year with proof of submitting it at a tax office, accounting documents confirming the company's current financial result
- documents confirming employment for an indefinite period and full-time for the shortest period of the year preceding the submission of the application from at least two employees who are Polish citizens or foreigners referred to in art. 87 sec. 1 points 1- 9 of the Act on Employment Promotion and Labour Market Institutions
- documents confirming the possession of funds enabling the fulfilment of the above conditions in the future or documents confirming the conduct of activities allowing for the fulfilment of the conditions in the future, in particular contributing to the growth of investments, technology transfer, introducing beneficial innovations or creating jobs (including, for example, a business plan, invoices related to the conducted activity, e.g. purchase and sale, contracts with clients, a certificate of the number of employees, etc.).
Note! The above list cannot be considered complete. The set of documents necessary to obtain a temporary residence permit for the purpose of conducting business activity may differ due to the given foreigner's situation and the office where the foreigner applies for the permanent residence permit.
More information on conducting business activity by foreigners in Poland is available in the ECONOMIC ACTIVITY tab.